My new life
So... I quit my job.
That sounds a lot more angry than it was, because it wasn't angry at all. I didn't march in singing, "Take this job and shove it," promise. I miss nearly all of my co-workers so much. I miss their laughter, their constant chatter, their silly notes on my white board, and yes, the baked goods. I also miss (most of) my clients.
But, I am so very happy right now. I am starting my own business, which is all sorts of scary, layered with awesome. I can't share full details yet, but this is something that I am just so passionate about, and something I have wanted to do for almost two years. More on that to come, I promise.
Quitting my day job has created a whole new schedule for me. I have to say that it has been difficult to overcome the instinct to rush around like a crazy woman all day long. I need to constantly remind myself that I am in charge of my own damn self, and if my own damn self wants to make herself lunch without being tethered to her iPhone, that is 100% OK.
There are some things I am making myself do every weekday, though:
- Exercise, either pilates or running
- One load of laundry to COMPLETION (this means putting the stuff away)
- Make dinner (no more frantic grubhub visits at 6pm)
- Straightening/clutter removal for about 20 minutes
- Blog here (moving forward from today)
And on a weekly basis:
- Something at the kids' school (field trip, mystery reader, etc.)
- Food shopping during the week (I haven't nailed this yet, as we somehow had to go food shopping today, Sunday, but I will want to avoid this in the future!)
- Some kind of organizational project around the house - this will be focused on my home office for the next few weeks, as it was the worst display of anti-feng shui in the universe. I have already purged 59 pounds of paper at the Office Max shredding center, but there is still a lot to be done
I'm also doing lots of work to get my business ready for launch. Sorry I have been so MIA, but the mental pressure of turning my whole life upside down has been occupying most of my brain space lately. I'll be around more from now on!