Yesterday after work, I headed over to a local nail salon to get a pedicure for our spring break trip. While there, I passed the time reading People Magazine. There was an article in there about Matthew McConaughey, and for some reason, he brought up a list of life resolutions that he created when he was much younger. It was a list of five items, and I was somewhat shocked to read that he had accomplished all of them.
I have to say that reading that made me feel a little bit lame. This is because the other night I was reading back some of the earliest posts on my blog. I'm not sure why I took this journey back in time, but it was actually pretty interesting. One of the posts I found included some food resolutions. It was the 2006 food challenge. I was horrified to realize that I hadn't accomplished any of them. I'm thinking it might be time to revisit this challenge. Here is the blurb:
Here are my five:
1. Use my mandoline to do anything. I got a gorgeous stainless steel mandoline for my birthday a few years ago and used it once. It scares me. I look at that thing and get instant gory visions of slicing off a finger.
2. Use my mandoline to make waffle fries. These seem impossibly difficult to make.
3. Use the pasta roller I bought on eBay to make homemade pasta, preferably a stuffed pasta from the eGullet eGCI stuffed pasta course.
4. Make bagels. I just read about homemade bagels on eGullet this morning (yes, I'm addicted), and now I need to make some.
5. Make homemade jello with real fruit juice. I also read about this today (in The Wednesday Chef)and it sounds awesome. I think Dylan would love to help.
Do you guys have any cooking resolutions? Anyone want to help me get over my mandoline fear?