If you had asked me last year to list the things in my life that weren't as they should be, my list would have looked something like this:
- I don't exercise, and I should
- I don't have a budget and I should
- I need to write more
I have definitely made some progress:
- I have been running (training for my half marathon) since October and I absolutely love it. I feel strong, and fit, and very, very proud of myself.
- Michael and I sat down two weeks ago and created an accurate, and do-able budget using mint.com. Thanks to my iPhone, I can categorize expenditures while I have down-time (waiting in lines, on the elevator, on the train or bus, etc.) and we get little pings when we go over budget on any category. Mint.com rocks.
Of course, I also still want to do more:
- I definitely need to expand my exercising beyond the running. I would love to build up my upper body strength and my flexibility. I just need to figure out what system/program is best for my schedule and then I'll start adding that all in.
- I would really like to figure out a way to make writing in the blog(s) part of my daily routine. I get in this situation where work is all-consuming, and when I get home, I just want to veg with my family and not even look at a computer. Not writing regularly in my blogs is absolutely the thing in my life that bothers me the most.