Why I'm Losing My Mind - And Some Links!
So, here's my dilemma:
I do too much in the morning before work. It's always insane, and I am frequently crabby about it. HOWEVER, I do not like doing these things the night before. At night, I am worn out from my work day, from my children, from getting dinner on the table and from life. I just want to sit and read or watch TV. I don't want to do chores.
But then, we end up with mornings like today:
- 6:00: Wake up
- Get Dressed
- Finally unpack suitcase from New Orleans trip
- Get laundry ready for the laundry-doing dog walker
- Take dog out
- Try to get Max to pee. Get told, "Max pee already. Max flush." Oooohkay then. Get undies on him and bring him downstairs.
- Attempt to find the right Dora for Max on the On Demand list. Apparently "Stuck Truck" is no longer his favorite, and the "Explorers" one makes him cry. Seems to want something called "Dora Babies." This is not an option. Spend 5 minutes selling him on "Stuck Truck." Finally convince him and push play.
- Make latte
- Saute onions, green peppers and chopped up chuck roast for tonight's chili, add seasoning, dump in crockpot with bottle of beer, can of crushed tomatoes, can of black beans, can of hominy (veggies and meat were prepped on Sunday, thank God)
- Sign Dylan's daily parent teacher communication sheet, add note that she is going home with a friend
- Clean Sigg water bottle for Dylan's lunch box
- Make lunch for Dylan (genoa salami and yellow mustard on wheat bread with crusts removed, can of fruit cocktail, small box of pringles, small baggie of sugar snap peas)
- Put lunch and homework folder in Dylan's backpack.
- Feed dog
- Give dog medicine: giant chewable probiotic pill and smaller antibacterial pill that must first be dipped in peanut butter
- Load and start dishwasher
- Clean non-dishwasher safe dishes
- Get recycling compiled and on the counter for Michael
- Wash my lunch bag from yesterday since the oil from the hummus leaked all over it
- Brush teeth
On another note, I have two posts up today on sites on the Well Fed Network!!